Collection of Information King West Flowers collects personal information such as names, postal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers in order to process orders from our flower shop on-line. You may browse the web site ay any time without submitting any personal information.
1. (Customer) Account – in order to make an on-line purchase from King West Flowers, it is necessary for you to set up an account with specific personal information that we can use to contact you. This information is used to:
(a) Connect you to people/companies to whom you wish to send flowers or a gift from King West Flowers and for whom you will need to provide delivery addresses;
(b) Contact you if there is difficulty in processing your order.
In the process of setting up an account, you will be asked if you would like to have promotional material sent to you from King West Flowers, from time-to-time, when we are doing advertising.
2. Delivery Addresses – you may make a delivery from King West Flowers to your own address (as shown in the Customer Account), or you may make it to a third party. King West Flowers gives you the option to enter personal names, addresses and contact information for multiple (third party) delivery locations. This information is used to:
(a) Make the delivery of your purchase.
(b) Contact the person/company for whom you have made the purchase in the event of difficulty in making the delivery.
3. Credit Card Information – in order to process an on-line order, you will be requested to provide a credit card number and data suitable to confirm its authenticity. This information is passed through to our banker and verified before your order is processed.
Use, Disclosure and Retention of Information With the exception noted below, King West Flowers has adopted the following policies with regards to the personal information it collects.
(i) King West Flowers will use personal information only for its own business and will not sell or release it to third parties.
(ii) King West Flowers will not send account customers any promotional material unless they have indicated they are willing to receive it.
(iii) King West Flowers will not contact any persons/companies identified in a delivery address for any reason except to facilitate the delivery of an order.
(iv) King West Flowers provides, as part of its web site programming, the ability for you to delete your delivery addresses from our database should you choose to do so. If you wish to delete your account, please click here to send us an email requesting the deletion. We will be pleased to do it for you.
(v) King West Flowers does not retain any information relating to your credit card on its customer database.
Note: King West flowers may disclose information about its customers if required to do so by law or in the belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes.
1. Access to King West Flowers’ personal information is limited to employees (who have agreed to maintain security and confidentiality of data) who might require it for the purpose for which it is collected. We have put in place measures to ensure that our web site is as secure as current technology can make it.
2. All information, including credit card information, is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption so that any data sent from your computer to our web site is completely secure.